Yes, it’s one of those. Hey, I love getting nominated for these things. I’ve actually only done these once or twice, and they’re great fun.
Laura Scriver was nice enough to hit me up the side of the head with the Liebster award. If you receive it from me (see below), the laws of decency require you to provide 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you, pick 11 bloggers to pass this award on to, and ask them 11 questions of your own.
Easy as pie. Or a piece of cake. Pick your dessert, and there you go.
So let’s get on with it.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1) I’m 6’1″ and 175 pounds. That’s the exact same weight I was when I graduated from high school.
2) I used to have long hair. I also used to dye it. Because that’s what Gothy boys do.
3) I cry while watching movies. A lot.
4) I love red wine. Cheap is ok. Actually, with the economy, cheap is preferable.
5) I work out 6 days a week.
6) I can’t stand country music.
7) My wife and I just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary.
8) We’ve been a one car family pretty much since we moved to Washington in 2003, when my Saturn died a painful death on account of the rain.
9) I obsess about things. A lot.
10) My favorite dessert is cheesecake. I think. It’s a five-way tie between that, brownies, German chocolate cake, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies and pecan pie.
11) I have little patience for people who are rude, loud, or oblivious (myself included).
My 11 Answers to 11 Questions:
1. What time do you get up in the morning?
5:45 a.m. during the week, closer to 7 on the weekends.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A full-time author.
3. What was the best birthday gift you ever received?
One from my wife. It was scandalous.
4. What was your last dream about?
Being eaten by zombies.
5. What was on your wall when you were a teenager?
A Depeche Mode poster.
6. If you could live anywhere (and job and family/friends weren’t considerations), where would you live?
Somewhere in rural Europe. Probably Austria, Tuscany, or Scotland.
7. Where is the most interesting place you’ve ever been? Why was it interesting?
Paris. I loved the feeling of antiquity in the older parts of the city.
8. What is a useless piece of information that you know?
“Michael Caine” is just a stage name. He’s one of the few professional film actors who still uses a stage name.
9. If you could spend the day with any public figure (celebrity, author, politician, historical figure), living or dead, who would it be and why?
Abraham Lincoln. I want to see how good of a vampire hunter he really was.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who walk/move/speak/act like they’re the only person in the world.
11. Chips or chocolate?
Depends on the time of day: chips during the day, chocolate at night.
And Now I Nominate…
1. Alan Edwards
5. Amber West
9. Peter Dawes
10. Matthew Bryant
11. Amanda Banker
My Nominations Must Answer the Following Questions:
1. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
2. Shotgun, dual pistols, or a sniper rifle?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. Last good movie you saw.
5. Joel or Mike? (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, then shame on you!)
6. Favorite TV show?
7. Favorite alcoholic beverage? (If you’re not a drinker, what’s one of your culinary guilty pleasures?)
8. Last good book you read?
9. If you could live in someone else’s body for one day, who would it be?
10. Preferred superpower?
11. Aliens or vampires?